Monday, November 22, 2010

don't fall in love with resin

Sorry that I've been ignoring all you readers I don't have. But hey! Recently, I smashed a clock and poured in resin to keep the shards looking shattered in the clock. =)

Using resin was kind of thrilling for me, since it's super toxic and it's how Eva Hesse (<3 <3 <3) died. My sculpture teacher was like, "PLEASE DON'T FALL IN LOVE WITH RESIN...it's not a material to fall in love with." Hahahahaaa...

I really miss having classes during break. I miss the rooms and the instructors and the students and the time structuredness and being artistically exhausted by three-hour critiques. Critiques are kind of painful to sit through, but I get to find out (hopefully) what to improve on.

So far, at CCA, my favorite class has been every class at different points in time. This semester, I took:

2-D Color Translations: Sydney Cohen
Sculpture 1: Terri Friedman
3-D Hand Production: Mie Preckler
Life Drawing: Elizabeth Sher
Intro to Modern Arts: Celeste Connor

I'm not going to even think about talking about the classes a lot until I graduateeeee. =)

Next semester, I have:

Illustration 1- Barron Storey (=DDDDDDD)
Illustration Tools A1: Digital Tools-John Hersey
Introduction to Printmaking: Gregory Piatt
4-D Action and Interaction: Chris Sollars
Contemporary Native American Art-Tressa Berman

Yay four studio classes watch me die!!! =)

I get to take the lovely shuttle to SF for 4 of 5 classes....including the six hours of digital tools.

For a while I wasn't sure if CCA was the right school for me, but when I think about it, most of my favorite contemporary illustrators are CCA alumni. I think. I hope Illustration 1 is AMAZING. I hear it is and I really really really hope it's more intense than core classes. And the students are super excited about their own work. =)

Now...I need to go write that MOMA paper due tomorrow at 1:40 in the afternoon. yay Monet! (it rhymes!) and Lichtenstein (doesn't rhyme in case you didn't notice)...

No comments:

Post a Comment